Cloud Infographic: Data Center Downtime
Yet in a year of high-profile outages, many businesses have been taking a second look at their incident response plans. This year alone has seen outages from Amazon, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft – brands that most of us associate with uptime and reliability. Watching the titans of cloud environments experience failure has left many businesses uneasy.
The cost of even a brief outage can be extreme. Some media outlets estimated that Amazon’s 49-minute outage cost the company upwards of $5 million in revenue. Dropbox’s reputation for reliable cloud storage took a hit when their customers were unable to access their documents for a full 16 hours – the first of two outages this year. The truth is that even minor downtime can impact consumer trust. And irate customers who find an error message in lieu of their social media profiles or shopping carts often vent their frustrations on forums and social networks, further defacing the brand.
Below is an excellent infographic provided by VMBlog which helps illustrate the costs of data center outages.
Infographic Source: VMBlog
- Smart Wearables – Too Much Connectivity? - February 4, 2016
- Microsoft Underwater Data Center To Be Tested - February 1, 2016
- The Cloud Showdown: How To Determine The Best Cloud Solution For Your Business - February 1, 2016
- V2V Communications – Driverless Cars To Impact Lives - January 29, 2016
- A New CCTV Nightmare: Botnets And DDoS Attacks - January 28, 2016