The Impact of Security Management on the Business
Survey of 240 information security professionals, network operations and application owners at organizations worldwide.
Included is a recent survey provided courtesy of the group over at Algosec.com
A key finding in the study shows that many organizations have yet to migrate a significant percentage of their business applications to the cloud, though most plan to increase their reliance upon cloud-based applications in the future. In excess of two-thirds of respondent say they will migrate to private (34%) or hybrid (35%) clouds. Just 5% expect to migrate to public clouds and 25% have not defined their cloud strategy yet.
Other key survey findings include:
- Physical data centers dominate today, with 50% of organizations reporting that they have less than 10% of their business applications in the cloud. A third of respondents had between 10% and 40% in the cloud today.
- Nearly half (48 percent) of respondents want to view risk by the business application versus 30 percent by network segment or 22 percent by server/device.
- Half of the respondents require more than 5 weeks to deploy a new data center application, while 25 percent require more than 11 weeks.
- Nearly half of respondents (45 percent) have to manage more than 11 business application connectivity change requests every week, and 21 percent must manage more than 20 changes per week.
You can read the full survey here.
Latest posts by cloudtweaks (see all)
- Companies Turning To The Cloud To Meet Increased Customer Expectations - March 10, 2014
- Cloud Infographic: Disaster Recovery - March 9, 2014
- Facebook Finding Friends In The Node Pole - March 7, 2014