Cloud Spectator’s Benchmark Report: Amazon vs Internap vs Rackspace
Analyst firm Cloud Spectator compares performance, consistency and value between Internap AgileSERVER bare-metal cloud, Amazon Web Services EC2 and Rackspace OpenCloud
ATLANTA – October 24, 2013 – Internap Network Services Corporation (NASDAQ: INAP), a provider of high-performance hosting services, today announced the results of a Cloud Spectator report, “Performance Analysis: Benchmarks of Bare-Metal & Virtual Clouds,” which found that Internap’s bare-metal cloud, AgileSERVER, offers as much as an order of magnitude better performance, consistency and value when compared to similar virtual cloud configurations for Amazon Web Services Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Rackspace OpenCloud. Cloud Spectator is an independent analyst group focused on Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) performance and pricing.
Cloud Spectator’s key findings include:
- System Performance – Internap’s bare-metal cloud outperformed AWS by 10x and Rackspace by 7x in a UnixBench system test, which is an indicator of the performance of a Unix-like system when running a single or multiple tasks.
- CPU Performance – Internap’s bare-metal cloud outperformed AWS by an average of 4x and Rackspace by 2.5x in three CPU tests of file compression, audio encoding and video encoding.
- RAM Performance – Internap’s bare-metal cloud outperformed AWS by 2x and Rackspace by 1.7x in a RAM test that measured COPY, SCALE, ADD and TRIAD functions.
- Internal Network Performance – Internap’s bare-metal cloud led AWS and Rackspace in internal network throughput and latency performance tests, outperforming both providers by 2.5x.
Cloud Spectator’s report also revealed that Internap’s bare-metal cloud not only leads AWS and Rackspace’s virtual configurations in performance, but also offered significantly better performance for a similar price. Cloud Spectator’s price-performance score1 for Internap’s bare-metal cloud was more than six times higher than that of AWS or Rackspace, making Internap the price-performance leader relative to these virtual IaaS offerings.
Read Full Release: http://www.internap.com/about-us-internap/newsroom
Several additional benchmark results can be found at: Cloud Spectator
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- Imperfect Security: The RSA Conference And The Illusion Of Safety - April 24, 2015
- Cloud Infographic – Working Toward A Positive Cloud Experience - April 23, 2015
- Nordic Digital Business Summit – BringingData Center Industries Together - April 23, 2015