Cloud Computing 2014: Five Cloud Trends To Look For
All tech giants are aiming at cloud computing as the cloud landscape is all set to dominate the technological world. As mentioned on NY Times, the biggest tech giants including IBM, Amazon, Microsoft, and Google are expected to invest $1 billion annually in cloud computing in the upcoming years.
“all the companies are developing knowledge through their cloud services of how to run truly huge Internet-based computing systems — systems that may soon be nearly impossible for other companies to match”
It is evident that 2014 will see some of the biggest players in the IT industry trying to develop high-end cloud computing applications. The consumers can expect an increase in platform independent services in the near future. Some of the expected trends in 2014 are discussed in brief.
1. Development in web-powered apps sector: Some of the most noticeable features of cloud computing involves the scalability and efficiency it offers. In 2014, we can expect development of new web-powered apps with platform independence as their key feature. According to the chief executive of SoftLayer, cloud-computing company, IBM will put more than 40 infrastructure services including mobile applications development and big data analysis as their cloud computing offerings.
2. Hybrid cloud will be the key: The future belongs to hybrid clouds with the security of private cloud and scalability of public cloud services. Hybrid cloud will offer affordable infrastructure to small-scale enterprises and custom solutions for big data analytics.
3. Development in security policies: There is no doubt about the seamless accessibility, convenience, and flexibility offered by cloud. However, it poses a serious threat to the security of information and its use by the service providers. In 2014, there will be a development in security measures and policies.
4. Platform will be a driving force: As mentioned on Forbes, “companies will not only look for broader cloud business process suites as described above, but they will also expect these applications to look and perform similarly, and interact with one another seamlessly.” Companies will look out for cloud-based applications that can unify their information and apps through a single data model.
5. Industrial Internet might take off: Industrial Internet will reach the real-time industrial processes and reduce the inefficiencies with smart data. Industries will be able to use real-time data for improving their processes and use the information to take action. Cloud computing will play a key role in creating intelligent machines with a central controllability.
By Walter Bailey
- Samsung Electronics Considering Split - November 28, 2016
- Automotive Embedded Electronics Expert Vector Delivers New Service Offering Via City Cloud - November 23, 2016
- Druva Simplifies Accessibility of Infrastructure Data Protection on AWS Marketplace - November 22, 2016
- Alibaba Cloud Stretches Global Reach With Four New Facilities - November 21, 2016
- Accelerite Announces CloudPlatform Integration with Docker Containers at ApacheCon 2016 - November 16, 2016