Beware of Computer Malware: The Cross-Platform Problem
There was a time where you could safely assume a portable drive hooked onto to a windows PC wouldn’t be able to transfer some strain of malware to a MAC system. Most viruses were a match made in heaven for Windows, and MACs were getting none of that action. Things have changed, however. We’re now faced with cross-platform threats such as Koobface, the story of which has been illustrated in the following infographic. Malware such as Koobface is only a tiny part of a much larger botched up security puzzle. One way to stay safe is by ensuring that data is regularly sent off to a cloud based backup/recovery account. Here are a number of other ways to keep your data safe.
Attached is an infographic provided courtesy of the group over at MobiStealth.
Infographic Source: MobiStealth
- Cloud Computing – The Game Changer - November 19, 2015
- Banking On Recurring Revenue In The Cloud - November 18, 2015
- Juniper Research: Top Ten Tech Predictions For 2016 - November 16, 2015
- On-Premise VoIP vs The Cloud - November 16, 2015
- 3 Steps To Ensure Third-Party Security With Your IoT Providers - November 13, 2015