Beware of Computer Malware: The Cross-Platform Problem
There was a time where you could safely assume a portable drive hooked onto to a windows PC wouldn’t be able to transfer some strain of malware to a MAC system. Most viruses were a match made in heaven for Windows, and MACs were getting none of that action. Things have changed, however. We’re now faced with cross-platform threats such as Koobface, the story of which has been illustrated in the following infographic. Malware such as Koobface is only a tiny part of a much larger botched up security puzzle. One way to stay safe is by ensuring that data is regularly sent off to a cloud based backup/recovery account. Here are a number of other ways to keep your data safe.
Attached is an infographic provided courtesy of the group over at MobiStealth.
Infographic Source: MobiStealth
- The Five Rules of Security and Compliance in the Public Cloud Era - October 18, 2016
- 5 Ways Cloud-based Tools Can Help Accountants Escape The IT Treadmill - October 17, 2016
- RCS In Emerging Markets Means A Step Forward For Cloud Computing - October 10, 2016
- Cloud Native Trends Picking Up – Legacy Security Losing Ground - October 6, 2016
- Introducing and Implementing Voice Biometrics in Call Centers - October 6, 2016