Beware of Computer Malware: The Cross-Platform Problem
There was a time where you could safely assume a portable drive hooked onto to a windows PC wouldn’t be able to transfer some strain of malware to a MAC system. Most viruses were a match made in heaven for Windows, and MACs were getting none of that action. Things have changed, however. We’re now faced with cross-platform threats such as Koobface, the story of which has been illustrated in the following infographic. Malware such as Koobface is only a tiny part of a much larger botched up security puzzle. One way to stay safe is by ensuring that data is regularly sent off to a cloud based backup/recovery account. Here are a number of other ways to keep your data safe.
Attached is an infographic provided courtesy of the group over at MobiStealth.
Infographic Source: MobiStealth
- 15 Cloud Data Performance Monitoring Companies - June 21, 2016
- Cross-Site Scripting – Why Is It A Serious Security Threat For Big Data Applications? - June 21, 2016
- What’s Ahead For Predictive Analytics And Why It Matters For Businesses - June 17, 2016
- Do Not Rely On Passwords To Protect Your Online Information - June 15, 2016
- Despite Record Breaches, Secure Third Party Access Still Not An IT Priority - June 14, 2016