Pinup: CareCloud Ushering In A More Engaging Healthcare Management System
Cloud healthcare solution that’s intuitive, engaging, easy to use, pretty looking, and fun, that’s what Albert Santalo has brought into the market through his start-up, CareCloud. The company is headquartered in Miami, FL with offices in Salt Lake City and Boston.
CareCloud offers a myriad of solutions for health care practitioners even at its current form (at the date of writing) including:
- Patient health record and management
- Practice management
- Medical billing solution
- Collaboration solutions for medical professional
- Mobile access through the recently launched CareCloud Companion
All of these features and more (as the company continues to roll out updates every 3 weeks or so) are meant to help larger medical practitioners run a more productive and efficient practice.
Why Go to the Cloud?
The company’s choice of delivering its solutions via the cloud is based upon the simple logic that going the route of traditional local based solutions would require more investment in hardware not to mention the disruption it causes to medical practitioners. CareCloud implementation usually takes only a few weeks from sign-up to going “live”. To boot, the mobility cloud based solution provided is crucial especially to emergency medical responders and other practices.
CloudCare Gets Nods All Around
The start-up is looking extremely promising especially given the nod of some heavyweight funders the likes of Intel Capital and Norwest Venture Partners who thought the company deserved the $20.1 Million funding they provided. To boot, the relatively recent $9 Million funding from Adams Street Partners should keep them even more progressive in innovating their already award winning cloud healthcare solution. To echo the thoughts of CareCloud’s financial backers, the solution provider has now garnered more than 20 awards including being recently named by Forbes as the top 28th most promising companies.
Other notable awards include:
- Top 21 Hottest Enterprise Software Start-ups in America by Business Insider
- Co-winner for innovative new technology companies by IBM SmartCamp
- Greatest Social Impact winner in the IT sector by the World Innovation Summit
Naturally, these accolades would not matter as much to CareCloud compared to the fact that it now partners with over 50 medical specialties in 48 states that has contributed to more than 6.9 million patent records and $2.7 billion in accounts receivables for its clients. Pricing starts at $349 per provider per month and a commission based pricing option is available at 3-7% of practice collections.
By Glenn Blake
- Smart Wearables – Too Much Connectivity? - February 4, 2016
- Microsoft Underwater Data Center To Be Tested - February 1, 2016
- The Cloud Showdown: How To Determine The Best Cloud Solution For Your Business - February 1, 2016
- V2V Communications – Driverless Cars To Impact Lives - January 29, 2016
- A New CCTV Nightmare: Botnets And DDoS Attacks - January 28, 2016