2015 Advertising Opportunities - Find Out More!
EMC Rolls Out Breakthrough Hybrid Cloud Innovations At EMC World 2014
LAS VEGAS, May 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — EMC World 2014
At EMC World 2014, EMC Corporation today announced major new Software-Defined Storage products and technologies that enable the blended benefits of a public and private cloud, delivering Service Providers and customers, in any industry and of any size, with the efficiency, agility, security and control of a hybrid cloud.
The 3rd Platform of IT is based on the mega trends of cloud, mobile, social and Big Data and is creating a new world of opportunity — and competitive threat — for businesses in every industry. New mobile applications are delivering unique and frictionless experiences for customers both to interact and transact. These applications serve hundreds to millions of users and generate 1000x the amount of information as their predecessors. This is leading to organizations redefining themselves with software and transforming data centers into fully virtualized and automated private clouds, while also running certain applications in a public cloud. When combined together, they form a hybrid cloud—where almost all applications will live to make IT more efficient and agile and cost-effective. Suggesting a significant move toward adoption of a hybrid cloud model, last week the Economist Intelligence Unit published a report which found that 63% of business executives plan to increase reliance on corporate IT to deliver both internal and external IT resources.
To help customers navigate arguably the biggest transformational shift the IT industry has ever seen, EMC is delivering new Software-Defined Storage products to help organizations manage their traditional enterprise applications; deploy next-generation applications faster, with new levels of efficiency and speed; and convert new sources of data insight into new revenue streams.
New Product Highlights
- New EMC® Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) Appliance (formerly known as “Project Nile”) is a breakthrough hyperscale cloud storage infrastructure that redefines the economic benefits of cloud storage for service providers and customers of any size, in any industry. ECS Appliance delivers the ease-of-use, agility and cost benefits of public cloud, with the control and security of an on-premise private cloud. The ECS Appliance offers up to 28% lower TCO than public cloud alternatives from Amazon and Google. (News release here)
- New version of the EMC ViPR™ Software-Defined Storage Platform – EMC ViPR 2.0 –delivers new capabilities that simplify the management of both existing and new storage infrastructures, and provides new data services to underpin next-generation applications and Big Data analytics. ViPR 2.0 builds a bridge to the 3rd Platform of IT by enabling customers to manage their storage infrastructure in a consistent, fully automated way. ViPR also plugs into higher-level management and orchestration tools from VMware, OpenStack and Microsoft so storage can be a part of broader data center workflows. ViPR 2.0 adds new block data Services and new geographic replication and distribution. It also provides support for commodity drives and additional 3rd-party arrays through OpenStack. (News release here)
- The new EMC Data Domain® DD2200 delivers a protection storage system with enterprise-class benefits that’s been specifically designed, priced and optimized for midmarket customers. By delivering the DD2200 through EMC’s global network of channel partners, EMC is helping to ensure successful implementations for its midmarket customers, who can also implement it via new VSPEX® solutions. (EMC Pulse blog)
- Last week EMC introduced new products and capabilities to the industry-leading VNX® Family of hybrid storage solutions, including a new entry-level VNXe3200 storage array which is 3X more efficient than previous VNXe® solutions, and is based on the VNX Series (launched in September 2013). EMC also announced ‘Project Liberty’, a Software-Defined VNX that leverages the functionality and user experience of VNX, while delivering new levels of freedom to deploy applications with cloud-like agility in a software-defined data center. EMC also added EMC D@RE (Data-At-Rest-Encryption) to the VNX Series, providing the capability to encrypt data written to disk and eliminate data access from unauthorized drive removal. (News release here)
David Goulden, CEO, EMC Information Infrastructure
“The industry is navigating the single-most transformative IT shift ever. It’s driven by billions of devices, billions of users and millions of applications. Not a single industry or organization is immune to this sweeping change. The priority for customers today is to drive competitive advantage by harnessing the forces of mobile, social, cloud and Big Data, while maximizing existing investments that support traditional enterprise workloads. The Hybrid cloud model allows customers to run applications easily and cost-effectively inside or outside of their data centers, and today’s Software-Defined products make this possible.”
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC, ViPR, VNX, VNXe, VSPEX and Data Domain are either trademarks or registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
Latest posts by CloudTweaks (see all)
- Cloud Infographic – How Much Do You Really Know About The Cloud? - January 23, 2015
- Big Data, Big Business: Top 100 Heavy Hitters in Big Data - January 23, 2015
- Microsoft HoloLens Could Be an Augmented Reality Game-Changer - January 22, 2015