OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook–Free 27 Page Excerpt
OpenStack is an open Source cloud operating stack born from Rackspace and NASA which is now a global success, developed and supported by scores of people around the globe and backed by some of the leading players in the cloud space today.
OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook will show you exactly how to install the components that are required to make up a private cloud environment. You will learn how to set up an environment that you manage, just as you would do with AWS or Rackspace. OpenStack Cloud Computing Cookbook gives you clear step-by-step instructions to installing and running your own private cloud successfully. It is full of practical and applicable recipes that enable you to use the latest capabilities of OpenStack and implement them. Packt Enterprise books can be summed up through the tagline “Professional Expertise Distilled”. They take in-the-trenches knowledge from experienced software professionals, and distil it into a single, easy to follow manuscript.
Host Your Web Site in the Cloud
Is your step-by-step guide to this revolutionary approach to hosting and managing your web applications.
Cloud computing gives you the tools you need to prepare and cope with a traffic onslaught. You’ll have the confidence to withstand a traffic surge without melting your servers or sending you into bankruptcy. There are a number of different ways to use the cloud to host existing applications, build creative new ones, and improve the cost-effectiveness and efficiency of organizations large and small.
You’ll learn how to:
- Gain a thorough understanding of cloud computing
- Master the fundamentals of Amazon Web Services
- Install and configure visual and command line tools
- Store, retrieve, and distribute data quickly and easily
- Build applications that scale
- Manage the monitoring, load balancing, and scaling capabilities of cloud computing
As a developer, you need room & flexibility to be innovative. Why waste time worrying about the technical aspects of server capacity? AWS handles security, load balancing, and server resources virtually so you’re not restricted to one physical server.
- The Intelligent Industrial Revolution - October 24, 2016
- Data Sharing: A Matter of Transparency and Control - October 23, 2016
- The Five Rules of Security and Compliance in the Public Cloud Era - October 18, 2016
- 5 Ways Cloud-based Tools Can Help Accountants Escape The IT Treadmill - October 17, 2016
- Cloud Native Trends Picking Up – Legacy Security Losing Ground - October 6, 2016