Organizations need to evolve the governance of their information assets and respond to the opportunities and challenges brought by the mega trends of Big Data, Cloud, the Internet of Things, Mobile and Social Networking. Information governance already exists in most large organizations and has different, often unconnected, focal points, for example Information Lifecycle Management (ILM), Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Warehousing.
This TDWI Checklist Report presents requirements for analytic DBMSs with a focus on their use with big data.
Along the way, the report also defines the many techniques and tool types involved. The requirements checklist and definitions can assist users who are currently evaluating analytic databases and/or developing strategies for big data analytics.
Big Security for Big Data
In order to meet current security problems, a new paradigm shift needs to occur. Businesses need the ability to secure data, collect it, and aggregate into an intelligent format, so that real-time alerting and reporting can take place.
- 15 Cloud Data Performance Monitoring Companies - June 21, 2016
- Cross-Site Scripting – Why Is It A Serious Security Threat For Big Data Applications? - June 21, 2016
- What’s Ahead For Predictive Analytics And Why It Matters For Businesses - June 17, 2016
- Do Not Rely On Passwords To Protect Your Online Information - June 15, 2016
- Despite Record Breaches, Secure Third Party Access Still Not An IT Priority - June 14, 2016