Pros and Cons and What the Experts Think
Science fiction meets reality, and modern civilization is excitedly looking forward to the ubiquity of self-driving cars. However, an omnipresence of fully autonomous cars won’t happen as quickly as even some hopeful experts anticipate. While the autonomous car pros versus the cons race (See infographic discovered via RAC) of is theoretically neck and neck, until a way is found to lower the cost of implementation, the cons have it! The bottom line is, at the moment, it is just too darn expensive for mass liberation of the technology.
Safety is the main goal and will save millions of lives, not to mention the billions of dollars self-driving cars will eliminate in medical costs, and related accident spending. The fact is, until it’s affordable and more people elect to own them, it will be impossible for the actual potentials of the technology to be realized.
Even super-successful companies, like Uber, who are looking to launch a fleet of autonomous cars in Pittsburgh, isn’t in a position to jump for joy. They actually losing money despite being the most successful privately held company worldwide. Uber is hoping for success and a future profit from the self-driving convoy—that could be a pipe dream for now, however.
Most experts agree that the advantages fully autonomous cars present will change the world in many great ways, but it won’t work until these cars are in the majority of the vehicles hitting the highway.
By CJ Callen
- Morgan Stanley Modernization Plan – Company to Invest in Fintech - January 18, 2017
- Financial Robo-advisors Cannot Replace Humans - January 10, 2017
- How Industrial Robots Will Brighten Our Future - January 9, 2017
- Clutch Survey Explores Which Cloud Providers Companies Prefer - January 6, 2017
- Imminent IoT Eye-Tracking Technologies To Transform The Connected World - January 2, 2017