Digital Health Trends
It is very important to keep up with the changing technology. However, it is also just as important to advance the consumer experience, care delivery methods and create opportunities for career development for the healthcare workforce.
Five trends that are proven to be effective in winning in the digital age have been revealed by the Digital Health Technology Vision 2016 via Accenture.
1. Intelligent Automation – Do different things in different ways and create new jobs, products and services in the healthcare industry. Across the health ecosystem, intelligent automation is responsible for making the job of care delivery and administration more seamless. While robots are performing housekeeping duties and the patient intake process is being streamlined by avatars – the trend is not about replacing people but it is about making people do their job more efficiently and work where they are needed the most.
2. The Liquid Workforce – A smoother workforce has been generated by digital technology. For example, when you have a sick child, you can Skype with a pediatrician and take advantage of the Digital service scan. Or during a high-risk pregnancy issue, the virtual technology will enable a doctor in New York to treat a patient in New Mexico.
3. Platform Economy – Platforms can make healthcare experiences more connected by providing underlying technology. The whole healthcare ecosystem – from patients to providers to health plans can be connected by platforms.
4. Predictable disruption – With the advent of digital technology, disruptions are bound to happen any time. Digital technology is changing the way consume everything from products to entertainment. Healthcare isn’t immune to the consumers’ demands of personalized and on-demand services. Digital manufacturers of wearables and other devices are connecting meet consumers’ demands.
5. Digital Trust – To build consumer trust, organizations must figure out a way to efficiently and ethically manage a vast consumer data. If these data can be handled properly, this treasure trove can become a valuable tool for creating customized services and build consumer trust at the same time. In 2014, Apple discovered the importance of consumer trust after the consumer outcry after its iCloud breach. There should be solid policies placed for the governance of ecosystem. Moreover, in order to ensure the right consent and access to information, those policies must be disclosed and understood.
By Glenn Blake
- Morgan Stanley Modernization Plan – Company to Invest in Fintech - January 18, 2017
- Financial Robo-advisors Cannot Replace Humans - January 10, 2017
- How Industrial Robots Will Brighten Our Future - January 9, 2017
- Clutch Survey Explores Which Cloud Providers Companies Prefer - January 6, 2017
- Imminent IoT Eye-Tracking Technologies To Transform The Connected World - January 2, 2017