Category Archives: Cloud Computing

Apple Receives $548 Million In Samsung Patent Dispute

Apple Receives $548 Million In Samsung Patent Dispute

Samsung has agreed to pay Apple $548m (£362m) as part of a deal to settle a long-running patent dispute. The arrangement was revealed in papers filed to a California court by both companies on Thursday. The dispute began in 2011 when Apple said Samsung was using some of its patented technologies without permission. The payment does not…

The Lighter Side Of The Cloud – Low Tech

The Lighter Side Of The Cloud – Low Tech

By David Fletcher Please feel free to share our comics via social media networks such as Twitter with a clear attribution (Twitter example: via @cloudtweaks) to the original comic source. If you are a company brand looking to utilize our comics to generate leads to a specific landing page, newsletter, presentation or social media campaign,…

Cloud Computing vs. “Cord” Computing

Cloud Computing vs. “Cord” Computing

Easily Managing Access And Authentication To Both Though end users might not notice a difference between systems and applications hosted on-site or in the cloud at their organization, administrators who manage them often have to do so quite differently. Each solution has different requirements pertaining to security, and access and authentication management. System admins want…

Multi-Cloud Integration Has Arrived

Multi-Cloud Integration Has Arrived

Multi-Cloud Integration Speed, flexibility, and innovation require multiple cloud services As businesses seek new paths to innovation, racing to market with new features and products, cloud services continue to grow in popularity. According to Gartner, 88% of total compute will be cloud-based by 2020, leaving just 12% on premise. Flexibility remains a key consideration, and…

Building Your Business Cloud Strategy

Building Your Business Cloud Strategy

Cloud Brokers And Strategies  Comprehensive digital transformation of your business will require extensive involvement of your CIO through each level of business evolution, ensuring data is protected and efficiently utilizing in-house IT infrastructure for maximum effect in hybrid cloud models. Flexibility is integral to the design, and instead of fitting into an as-built service, developing…

Cloud Pinup: BrightPoint Security – Hyper Threat Intelligence

Cloud Pinup: BrightPoint Security – Hyper Threat Intelligence

Cloud Pinup: BrightPoint Security  Cyber threats become more and more sophisticated with every passing year and companies are being forced to respond with full-time, exhaustive security information and event management (SIEM). Precious resources that would otherwise be deployed in the interests of growth and servicing consumers needs are often diverted to maintaining the security of a…