Mirantis Collaborates With Google on Kubernetes and OpenStack Integration

Mirantis Collaborates With Google on Kubernetes and OpenStack Integration

Unites OpenStack with Containers to Accelerate Developer Productivity MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA – February 24, 2015 – Mirantis, the pure-play OpenStack company, today announced a new initiative that integrates Kubernetes with OpenStack, letting developers deploy containers on OpenStack in minutes. The integration gives developers immediate access to Kubernetes clusters with Docker containers without needing to set up infrastructure. Developers will be able to seamlessly move entire environments between OpenStack private clouds and public clouds that support…

History’s Worst Data Breaches

History’s Worst Data Breaches

History’s Worst Data Breaches We’ve mentioned before that with all the recent massive hacks on Sony, Microsoft, Home Depot, etc. companies are focusing more and more on the necessity of improved security measures. This recent surge of beefed up security has left some of us in the tech world wondering about some of worst hacks in history. According to an Infographic from Information is Beautiful: “The Court Ventures hack of 2012 appears to be the biggest…

Investing In Enterprise Mobility

Investing In Enterprise Mobility

Investing In Enterprise Mobility Guess how many people access business applications from within the corporate environment 100% of the time? In effect, that means once these guys are out of office, they are truly out of office. Professional life over, personal life begins. The percentage of folks that follow such a blissful model of work-life balance is reported to be only 10%. For the rest of the 90%, office activity happen anytime, anyplace. Well almost…

Cloud Infographic – Big Data Dream Team

Cloud Infographic – Big Data Dream Team

Big Data Dream Team Stock in Big Data businesses continue to rise which means more opportunities and job growth. An IDC forecast shows that the Big Data technology and services market will grow at a 27% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to $32.4 billion through 2017 – or at about six times the growth rate of the overall information and communication technology (ICT) market. This is going to create tremendous opportunities for many. CIO.com has…

Property Crime Down — If You Don’t Count Cyber Crime, Identity Theft

Property Crime Down — If You Don’t Count Cyber Crime, Identity Theft

If You Don’t Count Cyber Crime, Identity Theft WEST HAVEN, CONN. – The U.S. crime rate continues to fall, according to the latest FBI’s release based on Uniform Crime Reporting from police departments, but researchers say those numbers, which have been on a downward slide since the 1990s, don’t tell the whole story. That’s because the federal report does not track online property crime, credit card fraud or identity theft, all of which are increasing,…

Cloud Infographic – Hacking: The Scale of Cyber Threats

Cloud Infographic – Hacking: The Scale of Cyber Threats

Hacking: The Scale of Cyber Threats 42.8 million. That’s the number of cyber attacks that occurred worldwide in 2013, and it works out to an average of 117,339 every day. There’s no denying that this represents a huge problem for organizations of all sizes, and the total cost to the world economy is estimated to be about $400 billion annually. The attacks include “black-hat” attacks aimed at damaging the organization or obtaining personal gain for…

The Global Impact of the USA Freedom Act on Cloud Adoption

The Global Impact of the USA Freedom Act on Cloud Adoption

The Global Impact On Cloud Adoption It’s hard to believe it has been a little over 18 months since Edward Snowden first revealed information about the NSA’s secret surveillance programs to the world. Since that day in June 2013 data privacy and security, specifically in the cloud, have taken on a whole new level of criticality. Organizations all over the world have had to adjust accordingly – creating advanced security features, adhering to more compliance…

IoT (Internet of Things) – Don’t Forget The Milk

IoT (Internet of Things) – Don’t Forget The Milk

Don’t Forget The Milk More on the Internet of Bling and some thoughts on the IoT of tomorrow… Last month I talked about the wearable IoT concept of the Internet of Bling. So what is more fashionable than an LED that blinks different colors based on the ambient temperature of the room? Blue when the wearer is cold. Red when the wearer is warm and so on. Or perhaps different LED’s blinking depending upon the…