Sponsor series in collaboration with Hubgets.com
Technology has improved overall workplace productivity dramatically, with communication and collaboration technology enabling remote and flexible employment structures, advanced team interaction, and better information management systems.
The Benefits of Employing an Appropriate Platform
Businesses that implement appropriate and constructive communication and collaboration technologies improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs, and work more efficiently. Moreover, employing one platform that successfully manages the majority of these needs prevents confusion and distraction.
The following benefits of such technology ultimately result in greater productivity and business success:
Secure, consistent access to information
- Because you’re able to react quickly and appropriately to new information and developments, you have a competitive edge. Fast and reliable communication and collaboration tools allow employees to access information in real time.
Any time, any place
- The remote tools within the right collaboration platforms allow team members to stay productive while on the move, and the communication tools available enable them to connect with their workmates in real time.
- We’ve all had a text message misinterpreted or an email reply stranded at the bottom of the inbox, which is why today’s top communication systems include a number of channels to choose from, as well as the ability to record and track interactions. Smooth collaboration between employees, customers, partners, and suppliers is an indispensable method of boosting efficiency, and features such topic-centric group chats with file sharing, voice, and video help maintain an aligned and contented workforce.
Mobile to the nth degree
- Communication and collaboration platforms allow employees to access the company phone network wherever they are. It’s no longer necessary to bounce from one answering machine to the next, but instead, one phone number can ring on Multiple Devices, making missed calls and message slips a thing of the past. Customers always get into contact with the right person, teammates can communicate instantly, and staff can access communication channels from anywhere.
Reducing travel time
- Not only is time spent traveling a cost to the company, it negatively affects productivity. Topic-centric group chats as well as one-to-one instant messaging with file transfer, voice and video tools can reduce off-site meetings, impacting positively on staff time and safety concerns.
- Inefficient communication tools lead to duplication of effort, mistakes, frustration, and ultimately, employee unhappiness. By implementing the right collaboration and communication technology, you ensure your staff is untroubled by Workplace practicalities and instead invested in their core objectives.
A Steady Focus
Hubgets provides collaboration and communication solutions that encourage transparency and enhance productivity. Their intelligent presence system is a unique feature that detects when users are too busy to be disturbed, so while other applications may compete for a user’s attention, Hubgets keeps teams connected and avoids distracting, counter-productive interruptions. Consider the amount of time spent attending to distractions; research has highlighted that we spend an overwhelming amount of time changing focus from core tasks to side notes, providing feedback, emailing, and attending meetings, and this means less time put into our actual jobs. However, these functions are necessary and can’t be entirely ignored. This is where a tool like Hubgets, featuring chat, voice, video, file sharing, and team knowledge management capabilities, puts a business ahead of the game.
Staying Ahead of the Curve
While Hubgets recognizes the benefits of chat tools, they’ve adopted a notification system that adapts to your mood. Besides the “Busy” option that puts notifications on hold and the “Available” option that leaves you wide open to conversation, they’ve implemented a third option called “Hubgets Knows Better” that uses an advanced algorithm. The catch behind this unique presence feature is that it allows Hubgets to interpret whether or not you’re too busy to be interrupted, based on your activity. While replying a direct message or participating in a Topic conversation you probably have time for notifications, but when deeply focused in a different browser tab or some document, Hubgets knows not to disturb you. Of course, all communications are stored and made available for when you do have the time to interact. The handy Team Board makes it easy to check out what fellow team members are up to, ensuring everyone’s always in the loop.
By Jennifer Klostermann