Could a robot or machine be doing your job?
The robotic revolution is set to cause the biggest transformation in the world’s workforce since the industrial revolution. In fact, research suggests that over 30% of jobs in Britain are under threat from breakthroughs in artificial intelligence. Thanks to advances in technology, many jobs that weren’t considered ripe for automation suddenly are. Is your job next? Find out how many jobs per sector, are at high risk of being taken by robots by 2030.
Using PwC research, we reveal how many jobs per sector are at high risk of being taken by robots by 2030.
- 30% of jobs in Britain are under threat from breakthroughs in AI. Research from PWC suggests that in some sectors, even half of all jobs could be taken.
- Top 3 sectors most at risk of automation: Transport and Storage (56%), Manufacturing (46%) and Wholesale and Retail (44%).
- Top 3 sectors least at risk of automation: Education (9%), Health and Social (17%), and Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (19%).
- Other industries to be taken by robots include administrative and support services, accommodation and food services, Finance and Insurance, construction, real estate, public administration and defence, and arts and entertainment.
- Automation is set to boost productivity to enable workers to focus on higher value, more rewarding jobs. Although eliminating some existing jobs, automation will also create additional jobs in less automatable parts of the economy.
(Infographic Source: RS Components)
By Laura Brothers
The ‘Cloud Syndicate’ is a mix of short term guest contributors, curated resources and syndication partners covering a variety of interesting technology related topics. Contact us for syndication details on how to connect your technology article or news feed to our syndication network.