Cloud-Based Phone Systems
Although today’s businesses rely on a host of modern technology, the century-old telephone call is as essential as ever. Of course, businesses today aren’t relying on simple analog voice calls for effective interaction with partners, suppliers, colleagues, and customers, but instead combine the communication tools of mobile, email, texting, video conferencing, social media, and more. Already addressing various business needs such as collaboration and remote working through its flexibility and scalability, the cloud offers numerous benefits for telecommunication; RingCentral is one provider exploiting these advances to deliver a complete cloud communications system.
Progressive Businesses Use Advanced Solutions
Our highly competitive and fast-paced business environment means only the top performing organizations survive and prosper, and taking advantage of the finest tools technology offers is a significant part of this success. With broadband so widely available via fixed or mobile connections, we’re seeing companies utilizing talent around the world and interacting with customers across the continents. Technological advances promise greater tractability at reduced costs, and the somewhat recent advent of the cloud with its many varied tools is allowing companies to cut out superfluous features, tighten configurations, and effortlessly make use of global resources. Moreover, modern businesses which rely heavily on business software, covering areas which include human resource management, customer relationship management, enterprise resource planning, and more, are moving these systems into the cloud.
The Integration of Business Communication
Though the cost-savings and benefits of efficiency and productivity are tremendous, most forms of communication have not been integrated into these cloud-based applications. Many communication modes still require users to manually log and store information in isolated systems, and methods of integration with business applications have tended to the complicated and expensive. However, with enterprise-class cloud communication systems, companies are quickly taking advantage of the benefits of application and communication integration.
Cloud communication systems make it easy for colleagues to communicate cross-country and globally no matter the distance between their physical offices and provide the tools of direct transfers and direct extension dialing that teammates who share a physical office have always benefited from. Furthermore, cloud communication systems offer the flexibility that allows employees to change location as necessary and have their calls follow them. They also continue to have access to other company communication features such as voicemail, fax and conferencing, thus ensuring continuous interaction and seamless workflow.
Cloud PBX Benefits
Some of the many benefits of cloud-based phone systems such as that provided by RingCentral include:
- One corporate telephone number for customers and partners to contact company employees.
- Reduced or eliminated expenses of installation, upgrading and maintenance of PBX hardware and software at different sites.
- Simplified phone line management with the elimination of trunk lines, PRIs, and bonded T1s.
- Streamlined direct transfers and direct extension dialing between business locations.
- Reduced costs and convolutions of managing Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) across telco networks or other business exchange line connectivity.
- Eradicates the need for trained staff at each business site, use of third-party support services, or IT staff chasing telephony problems from one location to another.
- Simplifies the setup of business in new areas, office moves, and user relocation, addition, or changing.
- Improves group productivity through the enhanced collaboration tools of audio and video conferencing, web meetings, chat, and SMS.
- Assists in the integration of the very ‘human’ interaction of communication with business applications and IT systems.
The First Open, Self-Service Cloud Communication Platform
(Image Source: Shutterstock)
Already providing guided implementation, extensive online resources, personal connections, and all-inclusive innovative upgrades, RingCentral has opened their platform to developers, partners and customers for the first self-service, open platform allowing businesses to “integrate robust communications capabilities into key enterprise applications.” Supporting businesses of all sizes, the RingCentral Connect Platform offers cloud PBX with rich collaboration features such as screen sharing and video conferencing and additionally integrates with other cloud applications. And now with the extensive SDK, developers can incorporate these capabilities into custom applications.
As adoption of cloud-based business applications escalates, so too does the need for integrated business communication solutions. Flourishing organizations are now making use cloud PBX, collaboration solutions, and customizable communication tools, and RingCentral’s SaaS platform is one of the industry-leading suites essential for top performing businesses.
This article has been sponsored by RingCentral, provider of state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure.
By Jennifer Klostermann