Massive Open Online Courses
With the growth of cloud computing, most of us have accomplished some form of telecommuting in the past few years. From updating the latest company lead in the CRM service of choice to coordinating a monthly corporate newsletter which requires last minute updating. This can all be accomplished remotely from the use of a cloud based service.
Another exciting area of growth will be online learning utilizing cloud based educational platforms. For example (MOOC) or Massive Open Online Course. “MOOC is an online course aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web. In addition to traditional course materials such as videos, readings, and problem sets, MOOCs provide interactive user fora that help build a community for students… ” Source: Wikipedia. This is excellent news for those looking to have a little more flexibility in their lives and have the ability to take courses on their own time.
Attached is an excellent infographic by MOOCs.com which lists several major MOOC providers. There are over 1200 courses offered with over 16% in Computer Science which is very good news for those looking to break into the high flying, high demand field of Data Science.
Infographic Source: MOOCs.com
- Tech Trends That Will Shape 2017: Cloud, IoT and AI - January 19, 2017
- Morgan Stanley Modernization Plan – Company to Invest in Fintech - January 18, 2017
- Financial Robo-advisors Cannot Replace Humans - January 10, 2017
- How Industrial Robots Will Brighten Our Future - January 9, 2017
- Clutch Survey Explores Which Cloud Providers Companies Prefer - January 6, 2017