Massive Open Online Courses
With the growth of cloud computing, most of us have accomplished some form of telecommuting in the past few years. From updating the latest company lead in the CRM service of choice to coordinating a monthly corporate newsletter which requires last minute updating. This can all be accomplished remotely from the use of a cloud based service.
Another exciting area of growth will be online learning utilizing cloud based educational platforms. For example (MOOC) or Massive Open Online Course. “MOOC is an online course aimed at unlimited participation and open access via the web. In addition to traditional course materials such as videos, readings, and problem sets, MOOCs provide interactive user fora that help build a community for students… ” Source: Wikipedia. This is excellent news for those looking to have a little more flexibility in their lives and have the ability to take courses on their own time.
Attached is an excellent infographic by MOOCs.com which lists several major MOOC providers. There are over 1200 courses offered with over 16% in Computer Science which is very good news for those looking to break into the high flying, high demand field of Data Science.
Infographic Source: MOOCs.com
- Mobile Connected Technologies – The Future Of The Healthcare Industry - October 7, 2015
- Smart Accessories: The Apple Watch Hermes - October 6, 2015
- Overcoming Compliance Challenges and Regulatory Risk In The Cloud - September 30, 2015
- The Pentagon May Go “All Cloud” For Unclassified E-mails - September 23, 2015
- Connected Transportation: The Electric Apple - September 22, 2015