IoT For Automotive Deconstructed
The IoT automotive industry is moving rapidly with many exciting growth opportunities available. We’ve written about some of the risks and benefits as well as some of the players involved. One thing for certain as that the auto industry is starting to take notice and we can expect the implementation of a number of new IoT technologies over the next several years.
One of the largest and most critical investment strategies will be in IoT security.
Reported in the WSJ
After hearing that researchers earlier this summer commandeered a Jeep Cherokee’s engine and brakes remotely from a laptop, the 48-year-old Mr. Moore wonders whether hackers could take control while he is behind the wheel. “It’s kind of scary,” says Mr. Moore, a Robbins, Ill., truck driver and married father of five. “I don’t want a car that allows any potential hackers.”
Mr. Moore’s concerns are shared by lawmakers, regulators and car makers. After the Jeep demonstration, and others spotlighting hacking vulnerabilities in connected cars, they are debating to what degree a vehicle’s inability to withstand a cyberattack constitutes a safety defect…. Read The Full Article
For anyone looking for more information on the innovative uses on how the Cloud, Big data, IoT can scale and connect can get a better idea of the potential below. IBM has produced an excellent infographic centered around the opportunities.
- Tech Trends That Will Shape 2017: Cloud, IoT and AI - January 19, 2017
- Morgan Stanley Modernization Plan – Company to Invest in Fintech - January 18, 2017
- Financial Robo-advisors Cannot Replace Humans - January 10, 2017
- How Industrial Robots Will Brighten Our Future - January 9, 2017
- Clutch Survey Explores Which Cloud Providers Companies Prefer - January 6, 2017