Internet of Things (IoT) Top Technology Investment
Investors are jumping all over the opportunities abound when it comes to the Internet of Things and Big Data. There is simply way too much money at stake to ignore the potential that is going to truly define how we live and do business in the future.
IDC predicts: “A transformation is underway that will see the worldwide market for IoT solutions grow from $1.9 trillion in 2013 to $7.1 trillion in 2020. IDC defines the Internet of Things as a network of networks of uniquely identifiable endpoints (or “things”) that communicate without human interaction using IP connectivity – be it “locally” or globally.”
As markets for wearables, smart TVs, connected cars and the smart home begin to mature, the venture capitalists are sensing the time for them to take the plunge is ripening. “The connected car and home are as big an opportunity as the connected phone,” said Venky Ganesan, a managing director at Menlo Ventures.
Included is an infographic by IDG which explores IOT adoption.
- Financial Robo-advisors Cannot Replace Humans - January 10, 2017
- How Industrial Robots Will Brighten Our Future - January 9, 2017
- Clutch Survey Explores Which Cloud Providers Companies Prefer - January 6, 2017
- Imminent IoT Eye-Tracking Technologies To Transform The Connected World - January 2, 2017
- The Key To Improving Business Lies In Eye-Interaction Tech - December 28, 2016