Sharing Computing Resources
Cloud Computing refers to a form of computing that works by sharing computing resources with no involvement of personal devices or local Servers to use and manage applications. The idea of virtual resources gives businesses an opportunity to grow quickly and achieve their goals much quicker than would otherwise be possible with traditional computing models.
Cloud Computing takes I.T administration and management to a whole new level. Let us have a look at a few points below:
Cloud Computing and The Changing Business Environments
Cloud Computing to I.T industries may be compared to outsourcing services to the manufacturing companies. Cloud Computing involves leveraging your software, infrastructure and platforms to Cloud vendors that provide these computing resources virtually. People can tap resources as services without having to worry about any additional setup or hardware costs.
Companies of all sizes have to constantly worry about reducing operating costs, and they expect that I.T can bring more value at a lower cost. Cloud Computing can potentially help restructure the I.T budget by eliminating upfront I.T costs, enabling pay-per-use and transfer of key applications and services on the architecture. The Cloud Computing model is an inevitable situation in the connected world. The cost advantages, as well as the flexibility in the operation and implementation of informatics solutions make Cloud Computing an ideal solution for most companies and users.
The security risks contained in this technology are strong, and we believe that the impact of security incidents on this architecture will grow.
However, Cloud Computing is a trend in businesses that provides (and has been proven) to pocket significant savings and operational flexibility to businesses, whilst providing access to innovative Cloud–based built around security and efficiency.
How Can Cloud Computing Be Used?
Cloud Computing resources can enable clients to utilize the facility with enormous success and possibilities. It can be specifically useful for the following purposes:
- It has found extensive use in new business start ups. It enables them to focus on the development while keeping their operational costs to a minimum by taking I.T to the Clouds.
- It can help businesses grow in different dimensions. The Cloud will enable them to utilize the processing resources that were previously unavailable for the business.
- Cloud fosters collaboration among your organization. Especially in the manufacturing sector. It enables the use of concurrent engineering in your organization.
- It enables your employees to access data anywhere, and this increases the productivity of your organization.
- I.T is extensively used by educational institutes in order to provide resources for research and development. Cloud enables integration of hundreds of users to collaborate and learn as a unity.
- I.T also helps to uplift businesses that are running poor technology. Cloud Computing provides the opportunity to build businesses on its resources at extremely low costs. The economic factor is the most crucial one as it has compelled industries to utilize the technique.
1) Cloud Computing has been utilized by many of the Government and non-government organizations throughout the world. The following list demonstrates the potential of Cloud Computing to grow significantly in the future:
2) The official website of the US Government will be migrating to the Cloud.
3) New York Times will be using the Cloud (Apache’s Hadoop and Amazon’s EC3).
4) The Chinese Railway system is migrating to the Cloud and is solving a complex set of problems along the way.
5) Higher Education institutions utilize Cloud Computing to provide networking resources to the students and teachers via Cloud computing.
6) Universities today host online libraries and are operating on open-source Cloud Computing.
7) The manufacturing sector utilizes Private Cloud Computing for their in-house operations and process optimizations.
8) Hospitals, electricity suppliers, and many other institutions are now going to the Cloud and getting rid of the extensive costs related to maintenance and operation of in-house computing resources.
The Future of Cloud Computing
The future of Cloud Computing is certainly bright, and it has a promising future. Although it would take a while to develop a standardized format and evolve a full-grown industry in itself, Cloud Service Providers have begun the march towards a unified system of distributed computing on a large scale.
Companies would have to make the shift tap into the unlimited source of I.T advancement and growth for their organizations, and leverage superior and endless computing power over the Cloud.
By Pere Hospital,
Pere Hospital (CISSP & OSCP) is the CTO and co-founder of Cloudways Ltd. He has over two decades of experience in IT Security, Risk Analysis and Virtualization Technologies. You can follow Pere on Twitter at @phospital, or learn more about Cloudways
Established in 2009, CloudTweaks is recognized as one of the leading authorities in cloud connected technology information, resources and thought leadership services. Contact us for ways on how to contribute and support our dedicated cloud community.